Sunday, July 21, 2013

Korean Food and Restaurant in Bogota, Colombia

Horean food has been popular in the United States and internationally for a logn time, however I was surporsed to find Korean food in Bogota. IEver since I have started visiting Colombia over 10 years ago, I never noticed an influence of Asian culture. Long ago, you would never see Asians walking around. I mean, there were few Chinese restaurants, but not much and it was not popular at the time. Now it is a lot different!

I am glad there is a larger Asian influence now. As an American, I grew up with the food, culture, and people on a regular basis. I missed it when I moved here, so it is great that I have found at least a good Korean restaurant to visit when I get cravings for Korean food. For this reason, I recommend the Biwon Korean Restaurant in Bogota. It is located near Parque 93 (cr 16 with calle 93).

Just the other day I went there with a large group of foreigners. It has become popular with the expat crowd probably because they miss Korean frood from their original lands too! The restaurant is very tradicional compared to the Korean restaurants I have been to in America. It is a large house that is divided up into several rooms and one main dining area. There is a large back yard perfect for sitting outside to eat of smoke a cigarrette. You know Koreans and Colombians like to smoke!

The food is also very good and there is a large menu. The last time I went we ordered Bulgogi beef and pork. It comes with a free apatizer, lettuce, and spices. Here is a picture of our meal!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment